Saturday, October 3, 2009

Millan "Geared Up" for Season



by Tristan Hobbes

Hockey goalies are strange fellows. They willingly subject themselves to 100 mile-per-hour shots. Their life consists of being a savior or a sieve, depending what side you are on. And, their best friends are posts. They also have a fascination with flashy equipment, most notably their helmets. On Saturday night, Boston University’s sophomore goalie, Kieran Millan ('12) broke out something even flashier; a new set of pads.

Millan ('12) led his BU teammates out onto the ice with a brand new set of sweet looking pads strapped to his legs. They were white on the top and bottom. The middle of the pads were red and a white "B" was on one leg and a white "U" was on the other. It caught my eye right away. The decision came after some deliberation with his teammates and Millan was pleased with the outcome.

“They are a little different from what I wore last year,” Millan said after the game. “They are a little flashy, but I like them; coach doesn’t.”

Millan also hinted that he has a new helmet ordered that will match the pads. I am anxiously awaiting next Saturday’s exhibition with the USA Under-18 team so I can see what mask Millan has chosen to express himself. So far, I will give the pads a two thumbs up.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home