Women's Hockey vs. #2 UNH Wildcats Preview
by Jeremy Binckes.
Erin Seman doesn’t like her. Nor do Melissa Haber, Holly Lorms, or any of the other Terriers. Even
I speak, of course, of Empty Net.
Net appeared in 21 games last year, played 11 minutes (mostly towards the end of the game, but did have her moments mid-game), allowed a goal, and had a disappointing .000 save %.
“I really feel uncomfortable putting her in,” junior forward Erin Seman said. “Ever since I could remember, Empty Net has been a bad idea for us, in any team I’ve been on.”
But wait. Net, who is a former teammate of Seman, has also played with freshman forward Holly Lorms as recently as Lorms’ junior year.“We used to be friends,” mourns Lorms. “She broke my heart.”
In the game in question, Lorms was horrified when Net skated out, and replaced the team’s goaltender, despite explicitly saying that she wouldn’t go out.
“She didn’t tell anyone she was coming out,” said Lorms. “She’s really not a nice person.”
According to Seman, Net just comes in and does what she has to do, “Which is nothing,” she said. “I wouldn’t mind if she quit.”

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home